Welcome

I hope u enjoy my simple little space on the internet :) Please leave me a comment and say hello! I always appreciate hearing from you :)
xox
Tanya

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

D.I.Y. Avocado Hair and Skin Mask


I have been noticing my hair has been really feeling the chill of winter and the ends have been very dry. So I took the opportunity today to make my own hair mask to help moisturize my hair and give it some shine.





I have a lot of hair and I also used it on my skin as well. My skin instantly felt smoother when I washed off the mask. Here's the recipe I made up:


1 whole avocado mashed (I have long hair and I used it for my body as well)
2 tbsp EVOO
2 tbsp Honey
1 (free run chicken) yolk :)



Mix it all up! try to get all the chunks out. I was too lazy to, as you can see! (sorry for the blurry pic!)


Apply in sections to your hair, and massage any left overs on skin.



before: not sexy =P


Wash it out well, seal your hair with a bit of vinegar (which I did not have lol). After I washed out all the avocado mixture, I went through my regular hair routine.

I usually start with Living Proof:

Then I will spray some heat protector of some kind. Then I apply some Ojon treatment for Blondes. (It's sparkly! I love it)





Then I add about a quarter-sized dollop of Macadamia oil.



And I will probably apply something to it tomorrow to smooth it all out but I didn't have to go anywhere today so I left it frizzy.



after: soft =D


All in all, I think that adding the DIY avocado mask to your routine about once a week would be beneficial, but does not replace professional products. I would use both. :)


hope this was somewhat helpful!


xox


Tan

3 comments:

  1. Fun fact, if you ever get lice, soak your hair in Olive Oil for an hour.
    It smothers the living, and dislodges the eggs and rinses them out.

    My mom is a hair dresser and that's what she told me to do haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO random! I will keep that in mind, for kids I work with lol :) xox thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha I saw the EVOO and thought of it. :P

    ReplyDelete